- Interior design and interior decorating are the same thing…… MYTH!
Fact: Interior decorating primarily involves decorative elements and requires no formal training.
Interior design is a specialized profession, which includes much more than just a good
understanding of décor. Interior designers oversee the project from start to finish, including:
- Developing the initial concept
- Drawing up design plans
- Sourcing materials and vendor relations
- Furniture, accessory and art selections
- Custom window treatments and bedding
- Custom fabrics and finish selections
- Space Planning
- Color Consultation
- Create design visuals and digital presentations
- Purchasing, procurement and installation
- Oversee implementation of design elements
- Project management for property renovations
- Ensure materials and work specified in the design meet applicable safety and building codes
Interior décor is just one aspect of interior design. Interior design is a much more expansive
concept which evaluates, researches and creates with a focus on functionality and visual
aesthetics. Interior designers are instrumental in any renovation project from the initial design
plans to the essential finishing touches.