If you’ve ever struggled with choosing the correct rug size, here’s a rug size guide which will make the task of choosing the correct rug size much easier.
Rugs are a key design element in any home. Rugs add texture, color and warmth to a room. They also ground the furnishings and provide visual separations between spaces. Think of rugs as art for your floors. Since rugs are such an important part of a room’s design, choosing the correct rug size is extremely important. A rug that is too large or too small will have a negative impact on the overall look and feel of the space. Not to worry. You can avoid making costly mistakes by using this rug size guide.
Living Areas (living room, family room, den)
- Whenever possible, the front legs of the sofa and chair should sit on the rug.
- The rug should extend 4 to 6” on either side of the sofa.
- There should be about 8’ from the back of the dining chairs to the edge of the rug.
- At least 12” of the floor should be visible between the rug and the surrounding walls.
- Place the rug approximately halfway under the king or queen size bed.
- The rug should extend beyond the foot of the bed at least 12”.
- The rug should extend beyond the sides of the bed at least 12”.
|The correct rug size is also dependent on the size of the room, so be careful to not only consider the above rug size guide, but also consider the size of the room. It’s always best to consult with an Interior Designer whenever possible.|
Comments are closed